my life needs editing. —mort sahl
welcome to the blog of the eccentric editor. i’m your host, K, an editor who’s eccentric and erratic. why those things other than the fact that they’re alliterative with editor?
- i am an odd duck. you’ll discover how and why as this blog progresses.
- my posts will be all over the place. myriad, i think, is what they call it. consistent topics on certain days but i don’t have a real niche in mind for this blog.
- i’m an editor by day and eccentric by night. only erratic in blogging.
i’m taking an e.e. cummings approach with my blog. lowercase letters (except for proper nouns). because it’s hip. and Millennial. and all the things. i think.
you’ll also discover that i’m not hip and that i hate being a Millennial.
welcome to my blog. i like GIFs, memes, music, and other stupid internet stuff. i might wax intellectual occasionally when it suits me. here’s the proposed outline for this blog as it develops:
- struggle sunday: problem of the week
- myriad monday: myriad topic of the week
- tuesday inspiration: inspiration of the week
- word (to yo’ momma) wednesday: word of the week
- thursday tunes: song of the week
- friday feelings: emotions of the week
- soapbox saturday: rant of the week
i don’t plan on publishing all of this right out of the gate but i’m hoping that i’ll at least be able to post tuesday, wednesday, and thursday—three times a week. let’s make this as easy and simple as possible.
and try to avoid using caps. (autocorrect probably won’t let me, though.)